US Army Blast Test Results
- Test conducted by US 173 Abn Bde at Kandahar Airforce Base, Afghanistan, on 23 Jul 05.
- MIL 1 reconfigured as ‘thin-wall’ (50cm thick) for possible use as protection for accommodation tents.
- Blast Wall assaulted with:
- Chinese Type 65 107mm HE rocket at 2m from base of wall.
- 2 x RPG-7 Anti-Personnel rounds into wall.
- 2 x 40mm M203 HEDP rounds, one into wall, one splash at front
- 400 rounds 5.56mm Ball
Note this was "thin wall", only 50% the standard thickness.